BackpackGlobetrotter.com is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit the website. You can access and browse the site without disclosing any of your personal data. BackpackGlobetrotter.com does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or e-mail addresses, unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and he or she has agreed to the terms under which BackpackGlobetrotter.com will use it.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, all written content on this site is owned by BackpackGlobetrotter.com, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The website is provided solely for your personal non-commercial use. You may not use the site or the materials available on the site in a manner that constitutes a violation of my rights or that has not been authorized by me. More specifically, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, translate, sell, exploit, or distribute in any manner any material from the website without prior permission. You may, however, download, print, and/or share one copy of individual pages of the Site for non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Disclosure of Information
BackpackGlobetrotter.com will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. Any personal data is not logged automatically, and no information automatically logged by other means is not linked with personal data about specific individuals. IP addresses may be used to compile and provide aggregate statistics about the visitors, traffic patterns, and administer the site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Only the personal data that you may volunteer while using the website will be collected. Information about the visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations, is not collected.
The website collects personal data from the visitors in a number of ways including:
1. Newsletter options: Your email address.
2. Comments: Your name, email address, and comment. Please note that by posting a comment on this site, you consent to the posting of any Personal Information that you provide. You should be aware that such Personal Information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. BackpackGlobetrotter.com has no control over how these visitors use your Personal Information.
The website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the site;
- To improve your experience on the site;
- To respond to your comments;
- To provide you with user support;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, or rewards, and provide news and information the website thinks will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
The cookie notice is for all visitors of the website. It sets out how the cookies are used.
What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. To do this, a site will create files known as cookies – which are small text files – on its users’ computers.
Like many websites, BackpackGlobetrotter.com uses technology to collect information that helps enhance your experience. The cookies that are used allow the website to work and help understanding what information is most useful to visitors.
BackpackGlobetrotter.com does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
GDPR RIGHTS for EU members
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Those rights include:
- The website will retain any information you choose to provide until: you request the deletion of the information or the website’s decide to cease using the existing data providers.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the website stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
- The website requires only the information that is reasonably required to enter into contract with you. The website will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
- Should you wish to have your information deleted, please use the contact form and submit a request.